[Geomoose-users] RASTER & GEOmoose frustration

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Mar 28 08:28:09 EDT 2008

Joze,

First I would submit similar questions to the GeoMoose list, more info
here:

I'm copying this reply to the list.

It sounds like you need a ZINDEX=-1 parameter set in your MAPBOOK for
the Raster layer.

In the Demo package released with GeoMoose take a look at one of the
MAPBOOKS and do a search for "zindex",  This parameter, tell the
GeoMoose application how to stack the layers in the interface by
default, setting the zindex to -1 will place that layer behind all
others as they are loaded, keep in mind that only one background layer
at a time can be used, but you can have as many set to -1 as you like.
All other layers that are not set to -1 will be place on top of the
interface.

You can also see the results in this interface by examining the Mapbook
(I would check with FireBug in Firefox if possible):

https://gis.ci.stpaul.mn.us/gis/gismo_public/html/

All the "Background" layer have a setting of "-1", which you can see
here:

https://gis.ci.stpaul.mn.us/datasets/CONFIGS/SAINT_PAUL/PUBLIC_WORKS/MAPBOOKS/TS/gismo3_public.xml

Excerpt from above:

−
    <map title="2001 - 6in Pixels - Kodak Citipix" zindex="-1">
−
    <file>
/datasets/RASTER/SAINT_PAUL/PUBLIC_WORKS/AERIAL_CITIPIX/citipix_2001_public.map
</file>
</map>
−
    <map title="1985 - 1ft Pixels - RCSWCD" zindex="-1">
−
    <file>
/datasets/RASTER/RAMSEY_COUNTY/PUBLIC_WORKS/AERIAL_RAMSEY/rswcd_1985_public.map
</file>
</map>
−
    <map title="1974 - 2ft Pixels - RCSWCD" zindex="-1">
−
    <file>
/datasets/RASTER/RAMSEY_COUNTY/PUBLIC_WORKS/AERIAL_RAMSEY/rswcd_1974_public.map
</file>
</map>
−
    <map title="1953 - 2ft Pixels - RCSWCD" zindex="-1">
−
    <file>
/datasets/RASTER/RAMSEY_COUNTY/PUBLIC_WORKS/AERIAL_RAMSEY/rswcd_1953_public.map
</file>
</map>
−
    <map title="1940 - 2ft Pixels - RCSWCD" zindex="-1">
−
    <file>
/datasets/RASTER/RAMSEY_COUNTY/PUBLIC_WORKS/AERIAL_RAMSEY/rswcd_1940_public.map
</file>
</map>

hosejones1 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Dear Sir.
>
> My name is Joze. I am using ESRI Arcview, ArcMap..... at work.  I have
a task to build a mapserver .
>      I have chosed a MS4W instalation pack for Win. And GeoMoose
aplication. I have made the shapes and point layers to be working great.
I have not been so Lucky with RASTERS. I have tried to add .Jpg .GIF,
TIFF,..... nothing realy works. maybe its the problem with compsing my
.map file. I really dont have a slightest clue any more. I have been
searching the internet for quite a while an tried lots of things but
nothing really works for me. The closest i got to showing a raster  over
geomoose is that when i put the raster on top  i can fade and unfade
(transparency) it and the shape layers underneath shows up.

> I would really appreciate any help .
>
> Thank you
> Sincerely Joze

****************  You can't be late until you show up.  ***************
************  You never learn anything by doing it right.  ************
***  War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.  ***