[Geomoose-users] Moose Test Demo

Adam Feidt afeidt at edenprairie.org
Thu May 22 17:04:17 EDT 2008

Hello all,

     I sent out a sample demo to some of our web app. users this
morning.  I'm starting to get some feedback from our users as they test
it out.  If you're interested I will keep you updated on additional
feedback from our sample group.  Initially the main concern so far has
been speed.  It appears most of our users are seeing about a 5-10 second
redraw speed depending on which and how many layers they have loaded.
This will probably be deemed unacceptable to most of our users seeing
our current application redraws in less than 2 seconds with most layers.
I know we have discussed tiling layers, which I'm not currently doing,
but how much faster will my application run if I tile our larger files
like the aerial, parcels, and utility files?  Is it worth exploring
tiling all these layers?  Are most Moose users seeing faster redraw
speeds?

Adam M. Feidt

GIS Coordinator

City of Eden Prairie