[Geomoose-users] GM 1.6 Identify subset of layer features

Brian Welch Brian.Welch at CI.NORTHFIELD.MN.US
Wed Dec 1 10:53:15 EST 2010

I'm using Geomoose v1.6

I have a layer in my application that shows a subset of parcels (local college-owned land). The mapping layer in GM uses a simple expression based on the property owner's name to map just those properties owned by the colleges.

I'd like to create an appropriate layer in the Identify.map file that will act only on that subset in order to display specific information related to the colleges. However, I don't want the college information to show up for all parcels in town. Is there some way to replicate the expression that I use in the CLASS call of the mapping file to get the LAYER in the Identify.map file to act only the college-owned parcels? I can't figure out whether the qstring_validation_pattern is where I should focus, and if so, what is the appropriate query syntax? The field name is [DEEDHOLD] and the query value would be "*COLLEGE" (note the need for a wildcard to pick up both colleges in town).

I'd like to know if this is possible by modifying the Identify.map layer with an appropriate query or whether I should just take the easy way out and create a separate shapefile of college-owned parcels.

Thanks.

Brian

--------
Brian Welch, GIS Technician