[Geomoose-users] help with GeoMOOSE 2.2, please!

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Dec 22 12:15:01 EST 2010

Pretty general question . . .

The MAPBOOK.XML file is used to define where GeoMoose finds it's resources, and how to connect to them.   It lists out the layers, the tools that have been configured, as well as other resources, related to the project to display in, etc.

The MAPBOOK.XML file is the main configuration aspect for what gets displayed in the Browser.

Things to keep in mind while moving forward . . .

Set up your desired coordinate system.  The default download uses a default mapping coordinate system to display the mapping layers.  Once you have a coordinate system/projection identified that you want to use (and that can be interpreted by GeoMoose/Mapserver) then it will be much easier all around if all of your raw data has been converted to this same coordinate system/projection, especially if you are just starting out.  The easiest data to use to get a feel for GeoMoose configuration parameteres would be to use (ESRI) shapefiles as data sources.

bobb

>>> Dacia Meneguzzo <jeep_luvr35 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello - I am a grad student at the U of MN and am trying to develop a web mapping application using GeoMoose 2.2 for a final project in one of my GIS classes. I've installed it and figured out how to change the skin color and the header. I can see those changes when I launch geomoose.html from C:\ms4w\appps\geomoose\htdocs. However, I am confused about where the 'mapbook.xml' fits in so I can start reconfiguring GeoMoose for my application. Any help on getting started would be greatly appreciated! I'm really new to web stuff and I've looked over the documentation for GeoMoose but just can't seem to figure it out.

thank you!