[Geomoose-users] getting started, running the demos question

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Jan 4 10:39:23 EST 2010

Dan, John,

   I agree; we need to test GM 2.2 with MS4W 3.0.  I'll have a look at the beta.

I see that PHP's dl() is deprecated (due to security and threading issues), but
the doc doesn't say what the replacement is (use the PHP.ini?).  I think our
plan would be to modify config.php to test if a module is loaded (as it does
now) and just give a message if it isn't:

if(!extension_loaded('gd') && !extension_loaded('gd2')) {
	printf( 'Please ensure the following extension is loaded using
php.ini:'.'php_gd2.'.PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX);
}

Unless there's a better way?

As for the php.dbase.dll, we could ask the MS4W people to include it...