[Geomoose-users] Mr Sids Images

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Oct 1 15:08:48 EDT 2010

I would guess that it is a MapServer issue.  Did you setup MapServer to return JPEG or PNG24 images?  If it is returning PNG they (or any air photo) will look exactly as you describe.

I would recommend you take a look at what MapServer is sending to GeoMOOSE (the FireBug extension to Firefox can be a great help here) and see what they look like and how long they take to render.

Jim K

>>> Bill Harbour <bharbour at bcbe.org> 10/01/10 2:57 PM >>>
I've added our Mr Sids aerials into my Geomoose app, but have a few issues.  First is the reduced number of colors...i.e. they seem to look like the old VGA graphics.  Second is a slow draw speed.

Is the reduced number of colors something I can tweak in Geomoose, or is it a Mapserver issue, or am I stuck because the images are Mr Sids?

Thanks and hope everyone has a great weekend.

Baldwin County Public Schools
Bill Harbour
GIS Coordinator
Information Technology Services
Baldwin County Board of Education
1071  B Ave
Loxley, AL 36551
V 251-580-1916
F 251-972-6851
Office 251-972-6850
bharbour at bcbe.org<mailto:bharbour at bcbe.org>
http://www.bcbe.org
"When life gets too unreal, sit down with a good book." - Garrison Keillor