[Geomoose-users] Question on Jump To list

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:53:15 PDT 2012

This is exactly why I don't like the jump to list (and have lobbied for its removal since at least GeoMoose 2.0).  It works (sort of) for smaller installations, but even then it is a hassle of having to calculate and place bounding boxes in the mapbook when you probably already had them in a vector format somewhere.

Personally, I think it is more useful and more maintainable to implement the jump to functionality as a search on a layer that has your polygons.  Find town by name (or partial name); return a list of matches; user selects the one they want and the map zooms/pans to the selection.  This also lets you have more than one category of jump-to... say counties, zip codes, park names, and even potentially addresses.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim