[Geomoose-users] How to set Google Setellite layer to display by default?

Anderson, Dean anderson.dean at co.polk.or.us
Tue Oct 9 12:53:17 PDT 2012

I played around with this and it appears we have a bug.  To test...

1. Remove status="off" from all lines in the catolog for "Backgrounds"
group.
2. In Mapgroup section removed status="off" from blank mapgroup as follows:

 <map-source name="blank" type="wms" tiled="false">
  <url>./images/blank.gif</url>
  <layer name="blank"  />
 </map-source>

3. Added status on to LMIC Layer, OR YAHOO LAYERS or MAPQUEST layers and it
worked great.  Like....

 <map-source name="mapquest" type="xyz">
  <layer name="osm" status="on" />
  <url>http://otile1.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0.0/osm/${z}/${x}/${y}.png</url>
  <url>http://otile2.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0.0/osm/${z}/${x}/${y}.png</url>
  <url>http://otile3.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0.0/osm/${z}/${x}/${y}.png</url>
  <url>http://otile4.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0.0/osm/${z}/${x}/${y}.png</url>
 </map-source>

OR Like...

 <map-source name="yahoo_satellite" type="yahoo" yahoo-type="satellite">
  <layer name="all" status="on"/>
 </map-source>

These work!

4. Did the same for GOOGLE layers and it did not work. So it looked like:

 <map-source name="google_hybrid" type="google" google-type="hybrid">
  <layer name="all" status="on"/>
 </map-source>

NOW IT DOES NOT WORK.  So it appears this may be a bug??

So my suggestion for now is set your default for yahoo or mapquest.

--
Dean R Anderson
IT Director