[Geomoose-users] Incubation - Continued . . . .

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 02:57:23 PDT 2012

On Friday, 20 July 2012 at 12:52 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
> All,
>
> This first item is completed, there was no requirement about making a note of things as I recall either. Only that the items were reviewed and appropriate headers were placed in each of the files, which they were.
>
> -The project code, documentation and data has been adequately vetted to assure it is all properly licensed, and a copyright notice included
>
> I believe this is incorporated into the headers for the files, not sure though about how this is supposed to be documented.
>
> -The project maintains a list of all copyright holders identified in the Provenance Review Document.
>
> Do we need some sort of form for this, or would a project list thread trail suffice for documentation?
An email thread should be sufficient.

Mostly we are trying to capture that a review has taken place, and see that the issues are reported.

In the past projects have used their wiki do do this kind of thing - examples:
- deegree code provenance review (http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/OSGeoIncubationCodeProvenanceReviewReport) <-- good example of wiki used to keep track of everything
- PostGIS Provenance Review (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PostGIS_Provenance_Review) <-- a good example of listing those involved, and then any issues found in the issue tracker

Here is an example of GeoServer filling out the checklist:
- Incubation Checklist (http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/GeoServer+Incubation+Checklist)

Jody