[Geomoose-users] Setting up one layer in Geommose

Anderson, Dean anderson.dean at co.polk.or.us
Thu Sep 19 16:00:42 PDT 2013

Solly

Sorry for the delays.  I have been in meetings all day!  So, the biggest
issue I had was the projection of your data.  I use ArcMap and looked at
your data with the demo parcels data.  As ESRI does projections on the fly
I thought this would work well.  It is strange, if I used the projection of
the parcels as my frame, your data does not appear.  However if I use your
projection for the frame both will.  This kind of confused me but got it
worked out.  Give my confusion I elected to do convert the demo to your
projection.

I did get the basic demo working with your one layer. Please see the
attached "DEMO.JPG" file and you will see what the app looks like with your
data.  Unfortunately, given your projection the map is already zoomed in as
far as it can be. I am not sure why. Steps to get there.

First I renamed your parcels shape file to be parcels2.shp and copied it to
geomoose\maps\demo\parcels directory. Then I modified Geomoose2 as follows:

1. Created parcels2.map and identify_parcels2.html template (see attached)
and placed them in the geomoose2\maps\demo\parcels
and geomoose2\maps\demo\parcels\templates directories.

2. Updated the mapbook.xml in the conf directory (see attached)
    --- Updated the projection
    --- Updated the mapextent
    --- Added the parcels2.map as a new mapsource
    --- Added the parcels2/parcels2 to catalogue
    --- Removed default draws to the base layers so only parcels2 will draw

3. Updated the local_settings.ini file and added your projection in the
conf directory (see attached)

4. Updated the geomoose.html file in the htdocs directory and added your
projection  (see attached)

5. Created a projections file in htdocs/projections for your projection
(EPSG4148.js)  (see attached)

The DEMO will now ONLY work with your one new layer.  Given your projection
and my many meetings this seemed to be the fastest/cleanest way to give you
an example.

Good luck and maybe consider changing the projection of your data. (I am
not a projection guy so you probably have a much better handle on this.)

--
Dean R Anderson
IT Director