[Geomoose-users] General question related to adding a Splash screen to GeoMoose upon startup.

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Oct 9 13:15:29 PDT 2014

For reference, here is some dated loading graphic details.  You can
see this or similar in action here, http://maps.co.crook.or.us/

The following will allow you to add a loading symbol to your maps.

Create the file MapLoading.js with the code below and place it in your
htdocs/extensions folder.

    // JavaScript Document
   load: function() {
   var loadingpanel = new OpenLayers.Control.LoadingPanel();
   Map.addControl(loadingpanel);
   },

   CLASS_NAME: "LoadingExtension"
    });

    GeoMOOSE.UX.register('LoadingExtension');
    var loadingpanel=new LoadingExtension();

Navigate to the OpenLayers website, download LoadingPanel.js and place
it in your htdocs/OpenLayers-2.8/lib/OpenLayers/Control folder.

Add any animated gif loading symbol to your htdocs/skins/myskin/images
folder. Here is a cool app that lets you create and download an
animated gif link

Add the folowing code to myskin.css:

   .olControlLoadingPanel {
       background-image:url(images/loading.gif);
       position: relative;
       width: 100px;
       height: 100px;
       left: 45%;
       top: 45%;
       background-position:center;
       background-repeat:no-repeat;
       display: none;
   }

Add the following javascript references to geomoose.html:

   <script type="text/javascript"
src="OpenLayers-2.8/lib/OpenLayers/Control/LoadingPanel.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="extensions/MapLoading.js"></script>

Eli