[Geomoose-users] General question about Touch on GeoMOOSE

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Apr 25 11:30:51 PDT 2016

All,

Just wondering if anyone has used GeoMOOSE on Touch interfaces lately?

I’m testing on a touch device some of Jim’s recent work and was pleasantly surprised that 95% of things worked as expected on a touchscreen.  One thing that didn’t is the popups.

I understand that :hover is unknown to touch devices, etc.  There is mention of using :focus instead, but looking at things via the console, it looks like this is triggered dynamically in the code.

So to the question, were the latest code enhancements centered around the “hover” vs “click” to stick for the popups, a possible solution here?

Another thought, is this may be something better addressed in the much talked about “grid” viewer.  The popup trigger could be in there.

I’m using an Asus C100P Google Chrome Book for testing.

Thanks

bobb

“There is nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency something that should not be done at all.”
                        - Peter Drucker