[Geomoose-users] A slight distraction from testing Geomoose

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu May 12 10:53:19 PDT 2016

Hey All,

   While I really need to be testing GeoMOOSE for an upcoming release,
I've been looking for recent imagery from Alberta's Fort McMurray
wildfire (about 2400 homes destroyed).  This may be of interest to some
county/municipal web mapping implementers. I finally came across:

https://www.google.org/crisismap/2016-fort-mcmurray-fire

In other searches, I discovered videos from Google's Terra Bella
satellites (at least I think they are):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86JFANJdJEbApS6jS0iPhg

And Planet Labs is planning similar products.  It got me thinking about
draping video in GIS (especially GeoMOOSE of course).