[Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE 3.x and projections other than EPSG 3857

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Fri May 22 13:19:10 PDT 2020

1) isn't a problem.  You can configure other projections for user facing
numbers like the coordinate display or the measure tool.  The actual map
and wms requests will still be in 3857.

2 and 3)  Not sure what to tell you.  If you really need caches then you
may need to duplicate them in various projections.

My experience at the county scale is I get good enough performance with
MapServer serving what are basically cloud optimized GeoTIFFs over WMS to
bother with caches.  Then the clients can ask for whatever projection they
want.

Supporting multiple projections from the WMS server has always been need
for us because some people (CAD users) need to work in county coordinates
(with a fake epsg code) instead of UTM.