[GeoNode-devel] [GeoNode-users] rest service connection

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:53:03 PDT 2016

Hi,

the ALLOWED_HOSTS is only for your server name and it's not involved in the
remote server use. It should contain the name or IP of your geonode server.
the PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS should look like  ( '<host>', ) beware
the parenthesis.

In case it still don't work you can open the browser debug console and see
what request is issued.

hope this helps

raul.marcelo.villarroel.villazon at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Geonode, version 2.4b25, is installed in a linux server of my office. I´m
> connecting as superuser through local network.
>
> There are ArcGIS rest services I want to add. They are provided as:
>
> https://<host>/arcgis/rest/services/SMA/WebMap_Existente/MapServer/<name>
>
> I added this server in local_settings.py:
>
> ALLOWED_HOSTS= [ 'https://<host>/arcgis/services' ]
> PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS = [ 'https://<host>/arcgis/services' ]
>
> When I want to add a layer to a map:
>
> Layers/ Add layers / Add a new Server... / Type: ArcGIS REST Service (REST)
>
> The message remains: Contacting server...  and does not connect.
>
> Do you know if there is something I´m missing in the configuration file,
> or is something related to the ArcGIS service itself?
>
> Thank you.
> Regards,
> --
> *R. Marcelo Villarroel V.*