[GeoNode-devel] 502 Bad Gateway when saving map

Dimitris Karakostis karakostis.dimitris at gmail.com
Wed May 24 04:49:45 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I am getting a 502 Bad Gateway error when I try to save a map, which has
remote layers.

The layers come from a remote geoserver and they are created as indexed
(not as cascaded).

They are displayed correctly in the layer_detail/map_detail pages and I can
also print them (I have configured the yml file of mapfish). Moreover, I
have modified the settings.py file and added the host name in the
PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS.

When I create a map, the layers are displayed correctly but I can not save
the map. I get:

"The server returned an error: 502 Bad Gateway"

If I try to load the layers from the remote server manually using the "add
layer" tool in geoexplorer, then everything works correctly and the map is
saved.

As I understand this must be a network issue. Anyone has experienced
something similar?