[GeoNode-devel] Ability to choose only existing freetext keywords

Goran Mekić meka at tilda.center
Fri May 26 01:46:21 PDT 2017

Hello,

I would like to start with an apology for opening an issue without discussion. The issue at hand is https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/3095, so let me try to give more context. If settings.py contains FREETEXT_KEYWORDS_READONLY=True (I didn't write any vars in the code yet, so at this point I'm making them up), freetext keywords that can be added are only those listed in autocomplete box, otherwise current code should be active.

I have few questions. First is if the issue makes sense now, and should it be opened in the first place (sorry for rushing with this)? Second is naming, of course :o) Is the chosen settings.py var name OK? The current code linked in the issue is ugly proof of concept, so it won't be used as is.

Regards,
meka