[GeoNode-devel] How to apply Geonode permissions for Postgres database access? For Tableau etc

Jonathan Doig j.doig at unsw.edu.au
Wed Nov 1 19:29:25 PDT 2017

Hi all

Visualisation software like Tableau can get data from remote databases including Postgres. I've verified that works in our Geonode, with just a couple of config changes in Postgres.

But how do I allow Tableau users to access layers from Postgres while honouring Geonode's Django-level 'Download' permission?

Do I have to duplicate Geonode's users and access controls as Postgres users and privileges?

This could be done generically ...is there a tool for that?

Or is there a better way to expose Geonode data to Tableau? (I've just given their sales people a serve for supporting 32 flavours of commercial database but not one International Standard like WFS...).

Regards
Jonathan

[Title: City Futures - Description: City Futures Logo]

Jonathan Doig
Software Engineer, City Futures Research Centre
Built Environment

UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA
M: +61 409 049185

T: +61 (2) 9385 5319
E: j.doig at unsw.edu.au<mailto:j.doig at unsw.edu.au>

W: cityfutures.net.au<http://www.cityfutures.net.au/>

CRICOS Provider Code 00098G
Think green: Please consider the environment before printing this email