[GeoNode-devel] Using geonode-updateip with a custom geonode-project

Dave Kennewell davekennewell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 09:32:51 PDT 2017

Hi Geonode Devs,

I'm using geonode 2.6.3 installed by apt-get on a fresh ubuntu 16.04
instance.

On top of this I install geonode-project, and customise settings.py in
mygeonodeproject.

This works fine if I use the postgres database that apt-get automatically
installs locally on my geonode server.

However, when I go to swap out this local database with a remote one (it's
on AWS RDS), it's all good until the command "sudo geonode-updateip
mygeonodeproject.com" tells me I don't have a superuser created (I do, but
it's on the remote database, created using the manage.py command in
mygeonodeproject folder).

When I drill into this a bit deeper, it appears to come down to this line:

https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.6.x/geonode/base/management/commands/fixoauthuri.py#L33

This line ("from django.conf import settings") is pulling in models from
the local geonode database, not the remote RDS database I'm using for
mygeonodeproject.

What am I doing wrong here, and what is the best way to import my custom
project into this command rather than the globally installed geonode, when
using "from django.conf import settings"?

thanks for any help
regards
Dave