[GeoNode-devel] Custom geonode project installation

Dimitris Kar dkarakostis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:49:56 PST 2018

Thanks Toni,

So to understand, if I want to have my own geonode-project, I don't need to
go through the process of installing 'geonode core'. I can directly install
the geonode-project?

But if I understand correctly the training instructions (
http://geonode.org/dev-workshop/#/3/2) I need to follow the below steps
after I have installed the 'geonode core project':

1. Make sure to run it just outside the geonode folder as we will keep them
completely separate: django-admin.py startproject my_geonode --template=
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/archive/master.zip -e
py,rst,json,yml,ini,env,sample -n Dockerfile my_geonode
2. *workon geonode* and
3. execute: pip install -e my_geonode
4.  DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=my_geonode.local_settings paver start

What eventually need is to have two different folders. One with the geonode
core project, which I want modify and the other one with my_geonode
project, in which I will apply changes.