[GeoNode-devel] Custom map search via GeoNode

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Fri Jan 12 01:11:58 PST 2018

Hi Varun,
not that easy to reply to your question quickly. Basically all spatial data
is handled by a backend server called GeoServer and exposed through
Opengeospatial Web Protocols.

So, in principle yes, is possible to do what you are asking, but, at least
with the default gis client integrated into GeoNode, there's no, let's say,
"user friendly" functionality to achieve that.

Long story short, most of the things you are asking should be probably
implemented on client-side, which means handling with Javascript and CSS.

There are other pluggable GIS clients that can be plugged into GeoNode
written using REACT. Also others around can be "relatively" easily
integrated into GeoNode. As an instance I know Boundless implementation is
using MapLoom (if I'm not wrong).

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.