[GeoNode-devel] Move to Release 2.8

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Mon Jan 22 02:04:34 PST 2018

Hi Dave,
thank you very much for your help and feedbacks.

>From what you reported it seems that the installation process went well it
is mostly a configuration issue.

In particular it looks like on GeoNode Admin > Django OAuth Toolkit >
Applications (http://54.206.23.196/admin/oauth2_provider/application/) the
"GeoServer" Application is missing the correct "REDIRECT_URI"s

[image: Immagine incorporata 1]

In your specific use case you will need to add to the above configured on
you GeoNode instance, the ones specified on GeoServer oauth2 configuration.

- Login to GeoServer Admin GUI with admin credentials (by default admin /
geoserver)

- Go to Security > Authentication > geonode-oauth2 and make sure the
"Redirect URI" is listed on GeoNode App

[image: Immagine incorporata 2]

Also, if the "geonode-updateip" command went well, you should see here all
hosts pointing to your public IP. Long story short both GeoServerver and
GeoNode should report in your case "http://54.206.23.196/geoserver/" as
Redirect URI.

*Summary*

>From what you reported - and if you can confirm the steps above fix your
issue - it looks to me that the problem is on updateip management command
more than on the installation process.
In any case this must be improved and fixed. I will double check and do
more tests on this.

*Notice*

On a PUBLIC instance you *must* perform other manual steps before exposing
it to the web:

1. Update the GeoServer by changing:

     Internal "admin" password - this change must be reflected on GeoNode
local_settings also
     Internal "master" password

2. Update OAuth2 Client-ID and Client-Secret tokens

    Update GeoNode GeoServer Oauth2 App
    Update GeoServer "geonode-oauth2" service accordingly

3. Change the GeoNode default "admin" password

   *warning: *"admin" user must exists. Do not remove it, just change its
passowrd
   *note:* "admin" user *is different* from internal GeoServer admin one

4- make sure the DB does not use simple passwords and users
5- double check the filesystem permissions and secure static / upload
folders

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.