[GeoNode-devel] Move to Release 2.8

Dave Kennewell davekennewell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 23:28:45 PST 2018

Hi Alessio,

I tried again this morning with a fresh machine using 2.8.0+rc10 - The
install worked fine, however the "sudo geonode-updateip" got a 404 talking
to geoserver:

[image: Inline images 1]

I also get the 404 if I visit the geoserver index page:

http://54.252.237.189/geoserver/index.html

Thanks as always
Dave

On 23 January 2018 at 12:44, Alessio Fabiani-2 [via OSGeo.org] <
ml+s1560n5350910h25 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Django admin -> Django OAuth Toolkit -> Applications -> GeoServer
>>
>> it lists the Redirect uris without the "/index.html" appended:
>> [image: Inline images 2]
>>
>> I copied the Redirect uri from Django to the geoserver Redirect URI box,
>> then restarted both tomcat8 and apache2.
>>
>> Now
>> http://54.206.23.196/geoserver/web/
>> gives me a 404 error and the model preview no longer shows the geoserver
>> layers...
>>
>> I notice you've run a few more builds overnight. Let me know when you're
>> ready and I'll try again from scratch.
>>
>> On 22 January 2018 at 14:05, Alessio Fabiani-2 [via OSGeo.org] <[hidden
>> email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5350910&i=1>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dave,
>>> thank you very much for your help and feedbacks.
>>>
>>> From what you reported it seems that the installation process went well
>>> it is mostly a configuration issue.
>>>
>>> In particular it looks like on GeoNode Admin > Django OAuth Toolkit >
>>> Applications (http://54.206.23.196/admin/oauth2_provider/application/)
>>> the "GeoServer" Application is missing the correct "REDIRECT_URI"s
>>>
>>> [image: Immagine incorporata 1]
>>>
>>> In your specific use case you will need to add to the above configured
>>> on you GeoNode instance, the ones specified on GeoServer oauth2
>>> configuration.
>>>
>>> - Login to GeoServer Admin GUI with admin credentials (by default admin
>>> / geoserver)
>>>
>>> - Go to Security > Authentication > geonode-oauth2 and make sure the
>>> "Redirect URI" is listed on GeoNode App
>>>
>>> [image: Immagine incorporata 2]
>>>
>>> Also, if the "geonode-updateip" command went well, you should see here
>>> all hosts pointing to your public IP. Long story short both GeoServerver
>>> and GeoNode should report in your case "http://54.206.23.196/geoserver/"
>>> as Redirect URI.
>>>
>>> *Summary*
>>>
>>> From what you reported - and if you can confirm the steps above fix your
>>> issue - it looks to me that the problem is on updateip management command
>>> more than on the installation process.
>>> In any case this must be improved and fixed. I will double check and do
>>> more tests on this.
>>>
>>> *Notice*
>>>
>>> On a PUBLIC instance you *must* perform other manual steps before
>>> exposing it to the web:
>>>
>>> 1. Update the GeoServer by changing:
>>>
>>>      Internal "admin" password - this change must be reflected on
>>> GeoNode local_settings also
>>>      Internal "master" password
>>>
>>> 2. Update OAuth2 Client-ID and Client-Secret tokens
>>>
>>>     Update GeoNode GeoServer Oauth2 App
>>>     Update GeoServer "geonode-oauth2" service accordingly
>>>
>>> 3. Change the GeoNode default "admin" password
>>>
>>>    *warning: *"admin" user must exists. Do not remove it, just change
>>> its passowrd
>>>    *note:* "admin" user *is different* from internal GeoServer admin one
>>>
>>> 4- make sure the DB does not use simple passwords and users
>>> 5- double check the filesystem permissions and secure static / upload