[GeoNode-devel] ➜ Seek and you will find a geonode-issue-search

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Fri Nov 2 00:27:27 PDT 2018

Dear Community,

It happens to all of us. Suddenly something went wrong and some nasty
Error shows up. Luckily most of the time somebody else has faced this problem
before and hopefully shared a way to solve it.

This little trick should help you to find solutions faster.
Next to GitHub Issues the most useful knowledge base we have is our geonode-devel and -user
archive. Unfortunately mailman does not offer search capabilities.

Google to the help. By use of the „site" key we can create powerful queries which limit
the results to a certain domain.

Upload error site:https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geonode-users/

*give it a try*

With the OR operator this search can be extended against several resources

Upload error site:https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geonode-users/ OR site:https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues

F.e. above will include the issues at GitHub as well.

Admittedly those URLs are hard to type every time we search.
We can make our life a bit easier with an *ugly* but
hopefully useful geonode-custom-search. It automatically only respects both mailing lists
Archive and all GitHub issues as sources:

https://t2m.io/xPnL1FqQ

Best regards,

– Toni