[GeoNode-devel] attributes are not created when uploading a layer

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:07:54 PDT 2019

Hi (GeoServer) devs

this is happening not locally, but on two our production instances now
- it was working correctly before a few weeks ago - with different
code.

What is happening: when a user - even the administrator - upload a new
vector layer, the attributes are not created in the layer_attributes
django table.

The problem seems to occur at this line:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/geoserver/helpers.py#L915

Checking the body of the response I see:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<ServiceExceptionReport
   version="1.2.0"
   xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
   <ServiceException code="InvalidParameterValue">
      Could not find type: {http://www.geonode.org/}subwaylines_p_odp_4
</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

If I save the layer (from metadata) then the attributes are correctly created.

I am pretty sure this must be some GeoServer misconfiguration in
security directory: do you have an hint about what could cause this?

thanks in advance!
Paolo

--
Paolo Corti