[GeoNode-devel] PSC: Continue with Transifex yes/no

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Wed May 15 01:11:19 PDT 2019

Hi,

I´ve had a look at translations again. As already said it could have happend that
somebody edited at github and somebody else translated at transifex without pushing back.
- Hence versions can differ from each other -

Finding differences (or merging) will most likely take a lot of time.
What I did now can not solve all but hopefully shades some light into differences.

Transifex offers an editor where strings can be filtered after translation date.
https://www.transifex.com/geonode/geonode/translate/#de/master/6976644?q=translated_after%3A2019-04-28 <https://www.transifex.com/geonode/geonode/translate/#de/master/6976644?q=translated_after:2019-04-28>
This page uses an endpoint which returns the ids of changed strings or [] if none.

To check if strings were created after the last commit date
of a language at GitHub I´ve did like this (quick and dirty):

https://gist.github.com/t-book/3c3909fa56f8a70de5e1e1292e742cc0 <https://gist.github.com/t-book/3c3909fa56f8a70de5e1e1292e742cc0>

Results by the time of writing:

> -- Could not download page https://www.transifex.com/_/editor/ajax/geonode/geonode/string/master/al/ids/?translated_after=2019-03-26
> -- Could not download page https://www.transifex.com/_/editor/ajax/geonode/geonode/string/master/al/ids/?translated_after=2019-03-26 <https://www.transifex.com/_/editor/ajax/geonode/geonode/string/master/al/ids/?translated_after=2019-03-26>
This should be Albanian?  In Transifex it has iso sq
It´s empty at github and Transifex. I would neglect it.

>  de master is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-04-28
>  de javascript is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-04-28

Transifex is newer with 3 Stings. I have to check this as I pushed german trans.

> fi master is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-03-26

Transifex is newer with 149 strings.
Spot checked:
  - tunnin minuutit,
  - Sinulla ei ole oikeutta poistaa tätä tasoa
  - Tähän karttaan liittyvien asiakirjojen luettelo:

Those do not exist in github. I would suggest to push transifex to GitHub

> fr master is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-03-26

Transifex is newer with 2 strings.
   - vous a demandé l'autorisation de télécharger la ressource suivante
   - Gérer les connexions

We should check if newer strings exist in github which have never been pushed to Transifex.
More work needed here ... maybe by help of podiff.

> it master is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-04-26
> it javascript is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-04-26

Spot checked several. It looks like github is up to date. My guess
is most likely Alessio pushed to github and afterwards to Transifex.
-> all fine ...

> pt_BR master is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-03-26

Transifex is newer with 2 strings.
I would suggest to push transifex to GitHub

> sv master is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-03-26
> sv javascript is newer at transifex. github has last commit 2019-03-26

Transifex is newer with 928 strings.
I would suggest to push transifex to GitHub

To make a long story short. I would create a Draft to fix those issues and
update the docs with Alessios poedit Guide. In my opinion we should
not wait to long to shut down Transifex as the mess might get bigger and bigger...

If somebody has a better idea how to get things in sync I´m all open ear.

Cheers,

Toni