[GeoNode-devel] Problems Running GeoNode's Test Suite

Travis Brundage travislbrundage at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 19:02:44 PST 2019

Hey all,

Just posting one more time to say that doing a local installation fixed
this. Here is what I did along the way.

Following the instructions in the documentation for a docker install did
not work at all for bringing up GeoNode, giving me some timeout errors.
Following the instructions in the documentation here:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/2.10.x/install/core/index.html#deploy-a-vanilla-geonode-2-10-with-docker

During core docker installation, neither
`docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f
docker-compose.override.localhost.yml pull`
or
`docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f
docker-compose.override.localhost.yml up -d`
works. It seems like the images are not available, as it's getting timeout
errors.

Error on `pull`:
https://gist.github.com/travislbrundage/c7c1a0e6b5d17ddd8659c64547418aff
Error on `up -d`:
https://gist.github.com/travislbrundage/34e56e56285654e913234a7759139205

Maybe I did something wrong that way, or my network was too slow (shouldn't
be, but who knows), but wanted to document it just in case.

Using the regular docker setup in GitHub brings up GeoNode successfully,
but tests hit this celery error (before, I was running into this issue:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/5196).

Using the SPC GeoNode docker setup has the same results as above.

Finally, using the local installation and paver setup did get GeoNode up
successfully and the tests are working much better.

Thanks to everyone who helped me on Gitter, I appreciate it a lot. Now I
can successfully test the changes I make to improve test speed and coverage
which is great. Expect some commits and PRs from me next week. :)

Cheers all,
Travis