[GeoNode-devel] Encoding error while upgrading

Paolo Pasquali paolo.pasquali at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 03:56:20 PST 2019

Dear devs,

I've created a new instance to upgrade GeoNode. I have imported the
database but I get an error when I accessing the metadata wizard page.
This is caused by the base_region table which contains data in French.
The error is:

'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe8' in position 1: ordinal not in
range(128)
The string that could not be encoded/decoded was: 1ère L&

Please note I have not this issue when I filter my search by Region.

Any help? Thank you!

Bye,

Paolo