[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode 2.10.1: Feature Freeze

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Thu Oct 17 06:27:55 PDT 2019

Dear all,
starting from Monday 21-10-2019 GeoNode will be put in feature freeze for a
week.

That means what follows:

1. A stable branch 2.10.1 will be created for testing
2. The current "master" branch will become GeoNode 3.0
3. The current "2.10.x" branch will become GeoNode 2.10.2
4. No more improvements or feature requests will be backported to the
stable 2.10.1 branch
5. For a week, we will call every user and developer to test the stable
version. The idea would be to follow this spreadsheet to perform the tests
and update it accordingly. The spreadsheet can be updated by anyone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13aaZ1l_2_SHzdmz9DwExEO_jxwgNuXfMa6oF5eWIv_s/edit?usp=sharing

6. Only "blocker" and "regressions" issues will be considered to be
backported on the stable 2.10.1 branch (please read carefully the issue
descriptions on GitHub in order to *clearly* *understand* what labels
mean). Requests and questions non-inherent to the topics or already covered
by the official documentation will be rejected.

7. The list of 2.10.1 pending issues can be found here
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/milestone/17

8. The issues which the development team, after a triage, will consider to
backport to 2.10.1 stable branch, will be listed here
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/projects/2

9. In order to finalize the release, we will call a "bug-stomp" day of
coding. Everyone is kindly invited to join. We will do a small code-sprint
when we will discuss the pending issues and requests and evaluate how to
manage them. We will also try to fix as much as possible issues other than
update the current documentation.
A separate email will follow on this topic.

Best Regards,
Alessio Fabiani.

--

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.