[GeoNode-devel] errors with style creation during layer upload to PostGIS

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 14:01:52 PDT 2019

Hi devs

I am experiencing the following issue on an instance using GeoNode
master from a GeoNode project and PostGIS as a datastore. When
uploading a layer, I see the following
error message:

>>> Step 7. Creating style for [rivers]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ubuntu/geonode/geonode/geoserver/helpers.py", line 246,
in get_sld_for
    _default_style = layer.default_style
AttributeError: 'FeatureType' object has no attribute 'default_style'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ubuntu/geonode/geonode/geoserver/helpers.py", line 255,
in get_sld_for
    name = gs_layer.default_style.name if gs_layer.default_style is
not None else "raster"
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'default_style'

after that, the layer is created in Django but not in GeoServer. Any
hint why this could be happening before I debug it on my own?

I noticed that after restarting GeoServer the layer is again uploaded correctly.
Paolo

--
Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer