[GeoNode-devel] Catalyst Academy GeoNode Project

Matthew Northcott matthew at northcott.co.nz
Sun Dec 20 13:45:12 PST 2020

GeoNode developers,

At Catalyst, we host an Open Source Academy for secondary school students
over a two-week period in January. Our aim is to teach and expose open
source technologies to new talent in New Zealand. Our GIS team would like
to host a workshop where we give our students the chance to make their
first contribution to an open source project, namely GeoNode. This will be
guided by myself and my colleague Dana (@dhlambert) between 18-22 January
2021.

I'm looking for help to identify suitably simple issues that would make a
good first contribution to GeoNode. I have started a list of of issues on
that I'd like to work on:

   - [#6714] Typo on Document Information page
   - [#6701] Translations
   - [#6469] Can't round or format numbers in FeatureInfo templates

and I'll try to create some more in the next few weeks.

If there is anything you can think of - code improvements, test
improvements, documentation changes, small features - please create an
issue and assign it to me (@mtnorthcott) on Github :-)

Cheers
Matt