[GeoNode-devel] Catalyst Academy GeoNode Project

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Mon Dec 21 01:03:25 PST 2020

Hi Matthew,
very nice, hope the project will be successful.

I would probably start with something like:

 - Review the document TOC structure, especially the "development" part, so
that it will be more clear to newcomers
 - Add/improve test cases, especially BDD and Selenium ones (I'm currently
devoting some of my spare time to migrate to CircleCI)
 - Code cleanup and refactoring in general, always welcome; it could be
done by "module" for beginners
 - Advanced topics: review the architecture, in particular trying to
decouple the GIS backands from the GeoNode core
 - Advanced topics: improve the API v2 REST endpoints (code, documentation
and tests)

I'll try to help as usual, accordingly to my availability on pure Open
Source stuff.

Cheers,
Alessio.

Il giorno lun 21 dic 2020 alle ore 00:08 Matthew Northcott <
matthew at northcott.co.nz> ha scritto:

> GeoNode developers,
>
> At Catalyst, we host an Open Source Academy for secondary school students
> over a two-week period in January. Our aim is to teach and expose open
> source technologies to new talent in New Zealand. Our GIS team would like
> to host a workshop where we give our students the chance to make their
> first contribution to an open source project, namely GeoNode. This will be
> guided by myself and my colleague Dana (@dhlambert) between 18-22 January
> 2021.
>
> I'm looking for help to identify suitably simple issues that would make a
> good first contribution to GeoNode. I have started a list of of issues on
> that I'd like to work on:
>
>    - [#6714] Typo on Document Information page
>    - [#6701] Translations
>    - [#6469] Can't round or format numbers in FeatureInfo templates
>
> and I'll try to create some more in the next few weeks.
>
> If there is anything you can think of - code improvements, test
> improvements, documentation changes, small features - please create an
> issue and assign it to me (@mtnorthcott) on Github :-)
>

> Cheers
> Matt

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.