[GeoNode-devel] Drop support for IE in GeoNode 3 (Francesco Bartoli)

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Thu May 28 10:02:29 PDT 2020

Dear Giovanni,

Am 16.05.2020 um 21:00 schrieb geonode-devel-request at lists.osgeo.org:

> One of the things that emerge how hard it is to guarantee the compatibility for Internet Explorer (and similar old browsers).
> We are adopring more and more Web APIs that are widely adopted by Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge, but which require polyfill and other hacks to guarantee retro-compatibility.

still I think it's fine to drop support for IE.

Out of interest as Edge now uses Chromium Engine (*) there should't be much differences
anymore? Personally I do run fine by supporting last two browser version (**) for users.

Cheers,

Toni

(*)  https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/12/06/microsoft-edge-making-the-web-better-through-more-open-source-collaboration/
(**) https://browserl.ist/?q=last+2+versions