[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode 3.x Advanced Installation and uwsgi issue

Paolo Pasquali paolo.pasquali at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 09:26:15 PST 2020

Thank you, Alessio.

I get this error.

$ uwsgi -c /etc/uwsgi/apps-available/geonode.ini

[uWSGI] getting INI configuration from /etc/uwsgi/apps-available/geonode.ini

open("./python3_plugin.so"): No such file or directory [core/utils.c line
3732]

!!! UNABLE to load uWSGI plugin: ./python3_plugin.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory !!!

The plugin is located at

$ locate python3_plugin.so

/usr/lib/uwsgi/plugins/python3_plugin.so

So if I remove from the geonode.ini file plugins = python3

$ uwsgi -c /etc/uwsgi/apps-available/geonode.ini

[uWSGI] getting INI configuration from /etc/uwsgi/apps-available/geonode.ini

And then I still get

$ sudo service uwsgi start

Job for uwsgi.service failed because the control process exited with error
code.

Maybe because from the log

Thu Nov  5 17:47:50 2020 - *** Operational MODE: preforking ***

Thu Nov  5 17:47:50 2020 - *** no app loaded. GAME OVER ***

Thu Nov  5 17:47:50 2020 - VACUUM: unix socket
/run/uwsgi/app/geonode/socket removed.

Any hint or cue on this?

Thanks!

Paolo