[GeoNode-devel] Stability of branches during refactoring and cleanup

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Fri Apr 9 02:54:10 PDT 2021

Dear Adrian,
please see below a first draft of the upcoming 3.2.0 release changelog

Change Log3.2.0 <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/tree/3.2.0>
(2021-04)Breaking
Changes

   - Bump to postgresql-13
   - Based on MapStore client 2.1.3
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-mapstore-client/releases/tag/2.1.3>
   - MapStore client is no more compatible with 3.0.x train
   - ResourceBase Model BBOX now is a geometry; that is no more compatible
   with the 3.1.x one
   - GNIP-81: GeoNode Core Cleanup
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6917>:
      - Removed GeoNetwork support
      - Removed QGIS-Server support
      - Removed SPC GeoNode support
   - Advanced Resources Publishing Logic has been revised (see below)

Features

   -

   Python upgrade 3.7+
   -

   Django upgrade 2.2.16+
   -

   GeoServer upgrade 2.18.2
   -

   MapStore2 Client Updates:
   - Save Search Services to the Map
      - Save Map Preferences into the adapter model
      - Advanced Style Editor with graphical UI
      - Improved Map Save Widget, specific for GeoNode
      - New MapStore client configuration subsytem
   -

   Upgraded Dokerfile and docker-compose to version 3.4
   -

   Migration of CI from Travis to CircleCI
   -

   General Code Quality and Performance Improvements
   -

   Highlights GeoNode 3.2:
   - GNIP-76: Add RTL Support
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6156>
      - GNIP-77: GetFeatureInfo Templating For GeoNode
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6182>
      - GNIP-78: GeoNode generic "Apps" model to include pluggable entities
      into the framework <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6684>
      - GNIP-79: GeoNode REST APIs (v2)
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6685>
      - GNIP-82: Thesauri improvements
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6925>
      - GNIP-83: ResourceBase for metadata-only resources
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/7057>
      - GNIP-84: Upload Page Enhancements
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/7154>
      - GNIP-85: Map legend <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/7254>
      - GNIP 86: metadata parsing and storing
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/7263>
      - Append data to an existing layer feature
      - Improved Metadata Editors, now able to handle HTML tags
      - Improved Catalog and Thesauri
      - Possibility to Upload RDF thesaurus via web
      - Pluggable CSW prefiltering from external apps
      - Delete existing table on restore command feature (general
      improvements to Backup/Restore machinery)
      - Advanced Upload Workflow Improvements:
         - Non admin user cannot change permission
         - Disable edit permissions globally when read-only mode is active
         - RESOURCE_PUBLISHING:
            1. "unpublished" won't be visibile to Anonymous users
            2. "unpublished" will be visible to registered users IF they
            have view permissions
            3. "unpublished" will be always visible to the owner and Group
            Managers
            By default the uploaded resources will be "unpublished".
            The owner will be able to change them to "published" UNLESS the
            ADMIN_MODERATE_UPLOADS is activated.
            If the owner assigns unpublished resources to a Group, both
            from Metadata and Permissions, in any case the Group
"Managers" will be
            able to edit the Resource.
         - ADMIN_MODERATE_UPLOADS:
            1. The owner won't be able to change to neither "approved" nor
            "published" state (unless he is a superuser)
            2. If the Resource belongs to a Group somehow, the Managers
            will be able to change the state to "approved"
            but NOT to "published". Only a superuser can publish a resource.
            3. Superusers can do enything.
         - GROUP_PRIVATE_RESOURCES:
         The "unapproved" and "unpublished" Resources will be accessible
         ONLY by owners, superusers and member of the belonging groups.
         - GROUP_MANDATORY_RESOURCES:
         Editor will be FORCED to select a Group when editing the resource
         metadata.
      -

   Documentation Updates:
   - GetFeatureInfo Templating For GeoNode
      <https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/usage/managing_maps/exploring_maps/get_fetureinfo.html?highlight=GetFeatureInfo>
      - HowTo: Geonode with QGIS
      <https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/usage/other_apps/qgis/index.html>
      - Improve GeoNode OpenID SP Protocol in order to be able to provide
      access to external clients
      <https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/usage/other_apps/qgis/index.html?highlight=Connect%20to%20Private%20layers%20by%20using%20OAuth2#connect-to-private-layers-by-using-oauth2>
      - Document the use of slide show in themes
      <https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/admin/admin_panel/index.html?highlight=Slide%20show#slide-show>
      - Update Advanced Installation steps to work against Ubuntu 20.04LTS
      <https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/advanced/core/index.html?highlight=Ubuntu%2020.04LTS#ubuntu-20-04lts>
      - Update Advanced Installation steps to work against RHEL 7.x
      <https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/advanced/core/index.html?highlight=Ubuntu%2020.04LTS#rhel-7-x>
      - How to setup rabbitmq, supervisor and memcached in order to fully
      enable async workers
      <https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/advanced/core/index.html?highlight=Enabling%20Fully%20Asynchronous%20Tasks#enabling-fully-asynchronous-tasks>
      - How to Upgrade from 2.10.x / 3.0
      <https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/admin/upgrade/index.html?highlight=Upgrade%20from%202.10.x>
      - Docs to connect production docker to external postgreSQL db server
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/74>
      - Documentantion for new metadata settings
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/75>
      - Refers #6925: add documentation for thesaurus configuration
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/77>
      - Refers #6952: add documentantion for uuidhandler
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/78>
      - Adding new settings in order to let the optional metadata in
      metadata wizard to become required
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/84>
      - Remove outdated/misleading SPC GeoNdoe documentation
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/85>
      - Relates to #7089 Delete existing table on restore
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/86>
      - Allow XSL customization
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/87>
      - Relates to #7150 Doc for upload thesausus from admin interface
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/88>
      - Relates to #7194 Append data to layer
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/89>
      - Refers to #7214 Sorting Thesauri
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/90>
      - Relates to #6995 Documentation for ADVANCED_EDIT_EXCLUDE_FIELD
      <https://github.com/GeoNode/documentation/pull/91>
   -

   Improving GeoNode Theme Library: introducing Jumbotron Slides
   -

   Implementation of an action to assign bulk permissions on layer to users
   selected from People and/or Group Django admin forms enhancement #6582
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6582>
   -

   Review of the current advanced resource workflow implementation
   enhancement security #6551
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6551>
   -

   File system operations do not adhere to Django file storage API
   enhancement in progress #6414
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6414>
   -

   Nav Toolbar gets distorted when multiple nav bar items are added by the
   admin enhancement frontend major #6412
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6412>
   -

   Allow only admins to edit/create keywords enhancement regression #6360
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6360>
   -

   In home page show only ISO categories currently assigned to some dataset
   enhancement frontend #6332
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6332>
   -

   Modify the admin theme customisation feature to allow for the use of a
   slide show in the home page enhancement feature frontend #6301
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6301>
   -

   Improve GeoNode OpenID SP Protocol in order to be able to provide access
   to external clients enhancement security #6273
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6273>
   -

   Limit "maps using this layer" to maps the user has permission to see
   enhancement security #6261
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6261>
   -

   Prevent integrity errors on singleton model save enhancement #6223
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/6223>
   -

   Full list of Implemented GNIP
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A3.2+label%3Agnip>
   -

   Full List of Implemented Features
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A3.2+label%3Afeature>
   -

   Full list of Implemented Enhancements
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues?page=1&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A3.2+label%3Aenhancement&utf8=%E2%9C%93>
   -

   Full list of Dependencies Updates
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues?q=is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A3.2+label%3Adependencies+>
   -

   Full list of Fixed Security Issues
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A3.2+label%3Asecurity>
   -

   Full list of Fixed Security Pull Requests
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+label%3Asecurity+milestone%3A3.2+>
   -

   Full list of Resolved Regressions
   <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A3.2+label%3Aregression>