[GeoNode-users] Implementing GeoNode for University

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Fri Jun 12 09:25:42 PDT 2015

Hi Florian,

I belive GeoNode can do the stuff, but I would not put GeoNode directly
to for the image data. The handling of image mosaiks is anyway done by
GeoServer behind the scene (but I also have been able to only get simple
compression zips to run). However, at the end it depends what you want
the user to do with the image data: watching them or/and downloading. So
in my case I focus only on seeing imagery (and legends aren't of
interest at the moment either) which means I don't need a full WMS and
can provide a link to a Background Map in GeoExplorer (saw that solution
also at OpenQuake. I don't have anything in place for that yet, but I
wanted to go the MapBox route here (e.g. using Tilestream).

Docs are no problem with GeoNode as fast as I see, i.e. xls, doc, zip,
pdf, etc.

However, as long as you have Dev capabilities you can add features to
GeoNode on your own.

lets see what others say.

stefan