[GeoNode-users] geonode updatelayers exception "non-XML response"

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Nov 5 07:58:48 PST 2015

Hi,

I can't run the "geonode updatelayers" command anymore, because it
always aborts with an error like:

 >>Exception: ('GeoServer gave non-XML response for [GET
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/geonode/datastores/datastore/featuretypes/lgm_landmask_hires.xml]:
<featureType>\n <name>lgm_landmask_hires</name>\n
<nativeName>lgm_landmask_hires</nativeName>\n <namespace>\n
<name>geonode</name>\n   [...]

I cant fix the schema in geoserver by reloading the feature type in the
Layer edit view, but it does not work. It throws really long java stack
trace in the "publication" tab, one line says:

 >>Caused by: java.io.IOException: Schema 'lgm_landmask_hires' does not
exist.

I also completely deleted another layer, that throwed this same error
before. But its not really an option to delete all layers to be able to
run the command again.

I also tried with the --ignore-errors option, but got the same error /
abort.

How can I fix or circumvent this problem?

Thanks and regards,
Christian

--
Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group