[GeoNode-users] (Announcement) Understanding Risk 2016

Ariel Nunez ingenieroariel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:46:33 PDT 2015

Dear GeoNode community,

As many of you know, I am consultant at the Global Facility for Disaster
Reduction and Recovery, part of the World Bank Group. Since many in this
list work directly with governments and have projects related to disaster
risk reduction, climate change or water management I thought it would be of
interest.

We are pleased to announce the Save the Date for the next international
Understanding Risk biennial forum, taking place May 16-20, 2016 in Istanbul!

Understanding Risk is a global community of experts and practitioners in
the field of disaster risk identification—including risk assessment and
risk communication—ranging from representatives of government agencies,
multilateral organizations, the private sector, non-governmental
organizations, research institutions, academia, community-based
organizations, and civil society. Members share knowledge and experience,
collaborate, and discuss innovation and best practice in the field of risk
assessment, convening every two years at global forums. Previous forums,
attended by 500-800 international attendees have been held in London, Cape
Town and Washington D.C. The fourth biennial forum is co-organized by the
Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) and the
Governorship of Istanbul.

If you are interested in leading a session and/or holding a side event, we
kindly ask that you fill out a form using the below links. Please submit
one form per session/side event. Submissions are open until *October 15th.* The
organizing team will then look at all the session proposals and make
selections by December 1st.   For more information, visit:
https://www.understandrisk.org/ur2016

Session lead interest: http://goo.gl/forms/tUWeIh6jDJ

Side event interest: http://goo.gl/forms/ljgrHHXzb5

Best,