[GeoNode-users] rest service connection

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 07:58:57 PDT 2016

Hi all,

could anybody suggest me a pair of geonode hosting services,
and of course relatives links?

best

Eugenio

From: simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 16:53:03 +0200
To: raul.marcelo.villarroel.villazon at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [GeoNode-users] rest service connection
CC: geonode-devel at lists.osgeo.org; geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org

Hi,
the ALLOWED_HOSTS is only for your server name and it's not involved in the remote server use. It should contain the name or IP of your geonode server.the PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS should look like  ( '<host>', ) beware the parenthesis.
In case it still don't work you can open the browser debug console and see what request is issued.
hope this helps
Hi,
Geonode, version 2.4b25, is installed in a linux server of my office. I´m connecting as superuser through local network.
There are ArcGIS rest services I want to add. They are provided as:
https://<host>/arcgis/rest/services/SMA/WebMap_Existente/MapServer/<name>

I added this server in local_settings.py:
ALLOWED_HOSTS= [ 'https://<host>/arcgis/services' ]PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS = [ 'https://<host>/arcgis/services' ]
When I want to add a layer to a map:
Layers/ Add layers / Add a new Server... / Type: ArcGIS REST Service (REST)URL: https://<host>/arcgis/rest/services/SMA/WebMap_Existente/MapServer/<name>The message remains: Contacting server...  and does not connect.
Do you know if there is something I´m missing in the configuration file, or is something related to the ArcGIS service itself?
Thank you.Regards,--
R. Marcelo Villarroel V.Ing. Civil, MSc.Sistemas de Información Geográfica
Cochabamba, Bolivia.

Cel.:     (+591) 722 12346
Mail:     raul.marcelo.villarroel.villazon at gmail.com

geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org