[GeoNode-users] HOW should I run update layers to publish layers from Geoserver?

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Wed May 25 08:02:11 PDT 2016

Hi everybody...

In my instance of Geonode (Ubuntu 14.40 installed via apt-get I'd like
to publish data from other databases than geonode-data, and soon sql
views also. So I published my layers from geoserver and then ran
geonode update-layers but I've experienced e trouble in modifying
styles (403 forbidden error)

So I think that the  geonode updatelayers command should be executed
by user www-data I launched it sometime as root and seems that now
there are wrong permissions inside /var/www/geonode folder...

- with which user I must run the comand updatelayers? this ubuntu
installation doesn't allow make su www-data
- what are the righ privileges  for the geonode folders?

Thanks a lot.

Amedeo Fadini