[GeoNode-users] Docker installation of Geonode

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 01:36:18 PST 2017

Hi,

interesting use case. you should be able to achieve this:

  * create two different database services in you compose file and declare them as link for the django service, one of them has to be based on a postgis image
  * add on each of their dockerfile a specific script that creates the geonode and geonode_data databases in order to have two distinct images
  * declare two different DATABASE_URL env variables for previous database services
  * use the env variables to instruct the piece of database settings for geonode and geonode_data

Hope this helps, let's know

Francesco

Sent from [Nylas Pro](https://link.nylas.com/link/43o9gzlmd58gqwkxv3di3wjcc
/local-d264c7ff-eeff/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%2Fnylas-
pro%3Fref%3Dn1&r=Z2Vvbm9kZS11c2Vyc0BsaXN0cy5vc2dlby5vcmc=), the most powerful
email app for work

![](https://link.nylas.com/open/43o9gzlmd58gqwkxv3di3wjcc/local-d264c7ff-
eeff?r=Z2Vvbm9kZS11c2Vyc0BsaXN0cy5vc2dlby5vcmc=)

On feb 2 2017, at 10:10 am, Zizi Jama <mazizi.jama at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear List,

> I would like to separate the geonode database that stores the configuration
data and spatial data. I have not been able to do this with the docker-
compose.yml file.

> According to the documentation - [http://training.geonode.geo-solutions.it/0
02_install_and_admin/002_geonode_install/create_geonode_db.html](http://traini
ng.geonode.geo-solutions.it/002_install_and_admin/002_geonode_install/create_g
eonode_db.html&r=Z2Vvbm9kZS11c2Vyc0BsaXN0cy5vc2dlby5vcmc=)

> the following databases are created during installation with user geonode:

> geonode (this stores geonode configuration data)

> geonode_data (posting is enabled here)

> I used the following steps:

>     # build the docker container

>     docker-compose build

>     # run the docker container

>     docker-compose up

>     # turn it off

>     docker-compose down

>     # create database

>     make sync

> This then creates a single database  - postgres (and the geonode
configuration data is then installed on this database).

> The two databases named  are not created and I do not know which setting
must I change to enable this.