[GeoNode-users] OSM data publishing with osm-extract

simone balbo simone.blb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 07:14:05 PST 2017

Hi list!

Recently we faced the need to publish OSM data layers in vector format in
GeoNode and update them regularly for the country of Malawi (see
http://www.masdap.mw/search/?limit=100&offset=0&keywords__slug__in=osm).
We took advantage of a script called osm-extract, that was developed by
TerraNodo some time ago, and successfully customized for our needs.

Since we deem it useful because could be implemented in other country
GeoNodes, we wrote a few lines of documentation here
<http://docs.geonode.org/en/latest/tutorials/advanced/adv_data_mgmt/osm.html#using-the-osm-extract-script-to-download-osm-data-into-postgis>,
hoping to make it easy for other GeoNode admins.

Thanks,

Simone (and the ITHACA team)