[GeoNode-users] Geonode account registrations don't work

Adam Lawrence alaw005 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 20:09:20 PST 2017

Hi,

I have using the Ubuntu PPA install of geonode but user registration does
not work. I get the error below and understand that the "notifications"
module is not enabled in python, e.g. refer
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/2114. How do I enable
notifications given I used the quick install method?

The steps I followed to configure email server and user registration were

      Open config file::

            sudo nano /etc/geonode/local_settings.py

      Locate the following email and user registration settings::

            #REGISTRATION_OPEN = False
            #ACCOUNT_APPROVAL_REQUIRED = False

            #ACCOUNT_EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL = False
            #ACCOUNT_EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_REQUIRED = False

            # Uncomment the following to receive emails whenever there are
errors in GeoNode
            # or to be notified of new user requests when
ACCOUNT_APPROVAL_REQUIRED has been set.
            #ADMINS = (
            #            ('John', 'john at example.com'),
            #         )

            # Uncomment the following to use a Gmail account as the email
backend
            #EMAIL_USE_TLS = True
            #EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.gmail.com'
            #EMAIL_HOST_USER = 'youremail at gmail.com'
            #EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'yourpassword'
            #EMAIL_PORT = 587

      Update these settings according to your requirements. Then do the
following to ensure works:

            sudo geonode syncdb
            sudo service apache2 restart
            sudo service tomcat7 restart

[[This does not work as "notification" module not enabled in django
settings file]]

ProgrammingError at /account/signup/

relation "notification_noticetype" does not exist
LINE 1: ...iption", "notification_noticetype"."default" FROM "notificat...

Regards

Adam