[GeoNode-users] publishing layer from an ImageMosaic store fails with BandSelect error

simone balbo simone.blb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 07:11:01 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I've found (probably) a workaround for the situation in subject.
Basically I switched back to a previous version of GeoTools for the
ImageMosaic jar.
In particular I did:

   - download the "geotools-14.5-bin.zip" folder from the SourceForce site (
   https://sourceforge.net/projects/geotools/files/GeoTools%2014%20Releases/14.5/
   )
   - unzip the folder
   - locate the image mosaic jar file, which is: gt-imagemosaic-14.5.jar
   - substitute the current image mosaic jar file (...15-SNAPSHOT) in the
   GeoServer lib folder (/usr/share/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib) with the one at the
   previous point (basically by renaming them appropriately)
   - restart tomcat

With the described workaround I can successfully generate and browse an
image mosaic layer.

Anyhow I'm aware that better solutions may be available. Is it better to
upgrade the entire GeoServer application to 2.10.x? In such case is there a
detailed documentation on how to do so step by step (e.g. on migrating the
data directory and authentication)?

Cheers,

Simone