[GeoNode-users] SRC not established from *.prj. Non admin Users can´t select SRC of layers they upload.

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 07:12:54 PDT 2017

We've encountered some issues with malformed .prj files. QGis would
recognize them fine but once imported into GeoNode, the projection would
end up wrong. If I remember correctly, it was how ESRI defined the
SIRGAS2000 datum. But this was some time ago, using GeoNode 2.4. Not sure
if it's fixed.

One work-around that we did, to debug the problem, was delete the .prj file
and redefine the shapefile projection in QGis. Then things would work.

Cheers
Daniel