[GeoNode-users] Can I create a map in 2.8 with a specific primary key / url?

Dave Kennewell davekennewell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 01:34:10 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm upgrading a 2.4 project to 2.8. It's a bit too customised to attempt a
database migration, so I'm going the simple route and rebuilding from
scratch on a new server with the same data.

However, I would love to be able to create a new 2.8 map with the same
URL/primary key as the old 2.4 map, so users don't have to update their
bookmarks.

Is there a way to assign the url/primary key to the map when creating it?

I know I could use a redirect in the urls.py but I'd rather solve this
without redirecting the users if possible.

thanks
Dave