[GeoNode-users] Preferred installation method for productin

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 07:47:25 PDT 2018

Hi List,

Couple of days ago I had a mishap with my GeoNode server. An automatic
package upgrade process did not finish and my GeoNode install went the way
of the Dodo.

I'm now in the process of reinstalling the server and registering the data
back (good thing I did not loose any data). So my question is, what is the
preferred installation method?

I though about installing using the PPA repo and then turning the
repository off from my sources.list, to prevent unwanted upgrades. Does
that sounds like a good idea?

Thanks
Daniel