[GeoNode-users] Configuring Remote Database with Geonode

Joshi, Jigeeshu Jigeeshu.Joshi at ils-forschung.de
Wed Apr 18 00:57:50 PDT 2018

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your input. Appreciate it !

I have few things to clarify here:
We have just started using Geonode so we do not have much data in Geonode database (on linux server). So, I was thinking  if it is possible to configure the postgresql database on windows server as the main/only Geonode database.
Essentially, Geonode creates two databases ‘geonode’ and ‘geonode_data’. These can be migrated to DB on windows server . Point the Geoserver datastore to this DB.  And make changes in local_settings.py. In my understanding this will enable remote DB on windows server as the default database for Geonode. Please, correct me if I am wrong .

Regards,
Jio