[GeoNode-users] Core spatial data services or GIS data downloads?
j.doig at unsw.edu.au
Sun Feb 4 19:52:18 PST 2018
Hi Geonode users
Any suggestions for sources of core GIS web services or data downloads to include in our Geonode for our users? E.g. topography, transport, utilities, admin boundaries ...
Our focus is on cities, primarily Sydney and other Australian cities, but increasingly worldwide.
* Obviously Geonode comes with a set of basemaps
* For our part of the world, bring in remote WMS services from state<http://spatialservices.finance.nsw.gov.au/mapping_and_imagery/lpi_web_services> or national<http://services.ga.gov.au/> agencies
* ABS provides spatial services<http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/1470.0main+features22015> for their statistical boundaries, but afaik the actual statistics (available as SDMX<http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/by%20Subject/1407.0.55.002~2013~Main%20Features~ABS.Stat%20SDMX%20Web%20Service~3>?) are not linked to those services
* Download OpenStreetMap data and serve it as WFS locally
* Use spatineo directory<http://directory.spatineo.com/> but it seems to be down...
* Source data from specific agencies for transfer and upload ...and maintenance...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the geonode-users