[GeoNode-users] User Account Registration (Julierme Pinheiro)

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Wed Jul 11 03:25:46 PDT 2018

Dear Julierme,

thanks for providing me your VM. I´ve examined it more closely
and will set geonode-users as CC.

> I am facing a problem with thumbnails url related to port 8000. As you can see through the /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/local_settings.py, the

It seems like you caused a bit confusion with your mix of dev and production setups.

DEVELOPMENT – This is what I did:

$ sudo service tomcat8 stop
$ sudo service postgresql stop
$ sudo service apache2 stop

This was needed as I´ve recognized that tomcat8 ist already running on port 8080!
– but we´d like to use jetty in dev mode

# Activate the virtualenv
$ source /home/geo/Envs/my_geonode/bin/activate

# change to the project root and run paver tasks
$ cd /home/my_geonode/my_geonode
$ paver setup && paver sync && paver start

The dev server started and I could upload a demo shape file with working thumbnail
as proven by this snapshot :https://www.dropbox.com/s/bedw4oxgf2j67ck/dev.png?dl=0

PRODUCTION:

# Stop dev server,  deactivate dev-virtualenv,  activate prod-virtualenv, change to production dir
$ paver stop
$ deactivate
$ source /home/geo/Envs/geonode/bin/activate
$ cd /home/geonode/my_geonode

NOW! have a look at my_geonode/wsgi.py it´s pointing to settings.py but we want to use local_settings which
then includes settings.py. Within the file change DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE to my_geonode.local_settings
save and close

# remove unneeded vhost, start production server, sync database
$ sudo a2dissite 000-default.conf
$ sudo service tomcat8 start
$ sudo service postgresql start
$ sudo service apache2 start
# wait a bit – tomcat needs some time to start deploy and geoserver
$ paver sync

After that we can see that a test upload works with thumbnail in „production“
geoserver is running and used for the layer upload:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v254zzg8jpq5fxg/prod.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0sfmke8naia9pv/prod2.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1io3z7xeokun5xy/geoserver.png?dl=0

Note: When uploading the layer the target dir for uploaded files was pointing to your dev environment
I couldn´t figured out why but just allowed the user to write to the dir I leave this problem for you
;)

EMAIL:

> I am sorry to insist on this topic, I wonder if another GeoNode at 2.8.0
> user has faced the same problem while configuring users email account. I am
> using GeoNode Production (/home/geonode/...) and GeoNode DevMode

I´ve tested your postfix with telnet. Looks all good. I would ask you to try the following.
In production environment edit your E-mail settings in local_settings.py like

> REGISTRATION_OPEN = True
> EMAIL_ENABLE = True
> if EMAIL_ENABLE:
>    EMAIL_BACKEND = 'django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend'
>    EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.sipam.gov.br <http://smtp.sipam.gov.br/>'
>    EMAIL_PORT = 587
>    EMAIL_HOST_USER ='uap.ccg.geonode'
>    EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'passwd'
>    EMAIL_USE_TLS = True
>    DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL = 'uap.ccg.geonode at sipam.gov.br <mailto:uap.ccg.geonode at sipam.gov.br>‘
>
> THEME_ACCOUNT_CONTACT_EMAIL = DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL

Please double check that you provide correct credentials.
Then It should work that you send a testmail by use of django shell:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.0/topics/email/#quick-example <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.0/topics/email/#quick-example>

Further if no mails arrive at all visit your mail server admin and make sure the listening
server accepts your sending (spam settings).

So far, sorry for the lengthy email.

All the best to Brasilia,

Toni

CSGIS

Kolonnadenstraße 1
04109 Leipzig
Mobil	+49/ (0) 176 6680 3198
Tel 		+49/ (0) 341 24 04 738
Fax 		+49/ (0) 341 24 04 73
Web		http://csgis.de

Hinweis gemäß § 33 BDSG
Daten der Verfahrensbeteiligten werden gespeichert. Dieses Dokument ist ausschließlich für den
Adressaten bestimmt. Der Inhalt der E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich
erhalten haben, rufen Sie uns unter obiger Rufnummer umgehend an und löschen Sie diese Nachricht
von Ihrem Computer. Jegliche Art von Reproduktionen, Verbreitung, Vervielfältigung, Veränderung,
Verteilung und/oder Veröffentlichung dieser E-Mail ist verboten.